Residentials - Passport
Any Mauritian citizen, residing in Mauritius, can make a request for a Mauritian passport on the prescribed form (PF136), available at the Passport and Immigration Office located at Sterling House, Port Louis and at police stations. This form can also be downloaded on the Police website. The applicant must also refer to the "notes" and "documents to produce" on page 1 of document (PF 136), before filling in the form.
He should report to the police station of his locality to have his identity and address certified. Documents to be provided by the applicant:
• Application form, duly filled
• Civil Status Office documents, Identity card
• 2 photographs (passport format) signed by authorized people
The applicant should then report personally to the Passport and Immigration Office with the following documents:
Application form, all documents (originals and photocopies) as well as his old passport (if he has one)
In the event of loss or theft, a certificate emanating from the Police must be produced at the time of a replacement demand.
• First issue - Rs. 700/-
• Senior Citizens (55 years and over) - Rs. 400/-
• Minor (less than 16 years) - Rs. 400/-
• Disabled Person - Rs. 400/-
(On presentation of certificate from the Min. of Social Security)
In case a passport is lost or damaged or considered unusable as a consequence of falsification, the following charges will be applied:
• First issue - Rs. 5,000/-
• Second issue - Rs. 15,000/-
• Third issue - Rs. 15,000/-
• For any further passport issue, an additional and cumulative sum of Rs 15,000 will be required.
E-mail and website
Police Website : Police.gov.mu
Passport Website : Passport.gov.mu
Any request for information can be made on the Passport Office email address: PIOmain@mail.gov.mu